Okinawa’s Hateruma nishihama beach ranks first among Japanese beaches on Tripadvisor
February ２４, 2017 Ryukyu Shimpo
The world’s largest travel information site, Tripadvisor, announced Japan’s best ten beaches on February 23. The Nishihama beach in Hateruma Island, which came second last year, got the top ranking this year. Eight beaches in Okinawa were chosen in the ranking. Yonahamaehama beach in Miyako Island was chosen as the second, and Kozamami beach in Zamami Island was the third best beach.
The Nishihama beach has been in the top ten since 2014. The beach is valued for its clear water in addition to the coral reef and sea turtles. The majority of the visitors to the beach have been Japanese, however there are increasing numbers of visitors from foreign countries such as South Korea, Thailand and Germany in recent years.
In addition to the top three beaches, there was also Hatenohama in Kume Island, which ranked fourth, Aharen beach in Tokashiki village, which was fifth, Kondoi beach in Taketomi Island, sixth, Sunayama beach in Miyako Island, seventh, and Aragusuku coast in Miyako Island, ninth.
(English translation by T&CT and Sayaka Sakuma)
Previous Article:Pipe organ at church in Chatan revives its timbre
Next Article:319 participants in Higashi Village Adventure Rally, experiencing nature of Yambaru
- Yonaha-maehama beach becomes Japan’s best beach for the second consecutive year
- Trip Advisor ranks sightseeing destinations among Japanese people and foreign tourists for 2015
- Okinawa ranks as the sixth destinations recommended by UK travel website
- Emerald-green ocean of Iriomote Island recognized worldwide through Trip Advisor ranking
- Shurijo: The World’s 10th Most Visited Castle