Kings loses close game at B-League opening match
September 23, 2016 Ryukyu Shimpo
Men’s basketball match called B-League opened on September 22 at the National Yoyogi Stadium. The game was held between the Ryukyu Golden Kings and the Alvark Tokyo at the First Gymnasium. The Kings who was once losing at the beginning of the game caught up with Shuhei Kitagawa’s scores as the game proceeded. However, the Kings could not break through its opponent with the score of 75 – 80. The game was a close and heated match until the last moment. The Kings will play against the Alvark Tokyo again on September 23 to aim for its first win.
The basketball court was specially designed and displayed for this historic match with LED lights and CG effects. The tickets were sold out and gathered 9,132 audiences, with ever-growing attention as the league begins.
The Kings started the last quarter with the score 51 – 64. The team caught up with the match with strong defense, gradually getting close to the Alvark Tokyo. The Kings closed to within three points, making the match heated and exciting, yet lost the game after the team started making errors.
(English translation by T&CT and Sayaka Sakuma)
Previous Article:Editorial: Talk of base burden reduction in PM Abe’s policy speech is a sham
Next Article:Ancient Roman and Ottoman copper coins unearthed for the first time in Japan at Katsuren Castle, possibly from maritime trade
- Ryukyu Golden Kings attracts 100,000 visitors a year for the first time in a professional basketball league in Japan
- Ryukyu Golden Kings win the national championship for the third time
- Possibility of holding an international tournament in Okinawa discussed at the East Asia Basketball Executive Meeting
- Nine baseball teams start spring training camps in Okinawa
- Okinawa Shogaku wins Meiji Jingu baseball title