All-Okinawa Bullfighting Autumn Tournament attracts 4,500 spectators
November 10, 2014 Ryukyu Shimpo
On November 9, the 102nd All Okinawa Togyu (Bullfighting) Autumn Tournament was held, sponsored jointly by the Okinawa Prefectural Bullfighting Federation and the Ryukyu Shimpo Co., at the Ishikawa Multipurpose Dome in Uruma City.
Twenty-four bulls competed in 12 bouts.
About 4,500 people watched the event, cheering for the bulls and holding their breath at suspenseful moments in close bouts.
In the open-class championship, Toryuseigo defeated Ishizanharukao in a bout that lasted 18 seconds, thereby securing the title and becoming the strongest bull in Okinawa.
Tosho Hayate defended its seventh championship title in the middleweight division, weighing no more than 970 kilograms. Hayate defeated Sentoufunushi in a fierce bout that lasted 8 minutes and 51 seconds.
In the lightweight division of 850 kilograms or less, Musourabuoyakata returned to the throne, defeating Ryutenryuonimaru in a seesaw struggle that lasted 13 minutes and 47 seconds .
(English translation by T&CT)
Previous Article:Marine barricaded in Camp Lester in Okinawa: possibly carried rifle in civilian district
Next Article:19 Japanese nature study organizations seek reassessment of new U.S. base in Henoko, including cancellation of construction
- All Okinawa Bullfighting Summer Tournament attracts 2,500 spectators
- Bullfighting – 4000 spectators watch the action at the All Okinawa Spring Tournament
- Tosho Hayate defends his twelfth champion title at All Okinawa Bullfighting Summer Tournament
- 100th All Okinawa Bullfighting Tournament
- Okinawa Bullfighting Federation to publish book commemorating 50th anniversary