Tropical day in various areas of Okinawa
August 25, 2014 Ryukyu Shimpo
The weather cleared up in the Okinawa region due to an anticyclone on August 24. However, it rained heavily in some areas because the state of the atmosphere was unstable. The temperature hit 33.7 degrees in Yonaguni island. It was a tropical day in the Okinawa region .
A family played in the water and cooled themselves at Nishizakishin Water Park in Itoman.
Five-year-old Komaki Toma and her family members splashed water on one another. Toma said, “Water feels real good. I want to play more.”
(English translation by T&CT)
Previous Article:Poll finds 80% of residents favor stopping Henoko relocation work
Next Article:Mandarin Airlines to offer regular flights between Naha, Gaoxiong from October
- Humpback whale appears in waters near Zamami Island
- Itoman tug-of-war held to pray for abundance and fertility
- Kerama Islands to be designated as a national park
- Repaired sabani sails again – Itoman Uminchu workshop
- Yambaru National Park: Wild forest area in northern Okinawa designated national park