Sweet Bakery Porsche wins top award in All Japan Great Pastry Fair 2013
June 19, 2013 Ryukyu Shimpo
The Sweet Bakery Porsche Co. has won the Honorary President Award in the technical section of the 26th National Confectionery Great Exhibition held in Hiroshima with its Princess Moon Mango & Shikuwasa set.
First released in June 2011, this sweet scored highly in a comprehensive review of taste, packaging and name recognition. The company also won the Commissioner Award of the Japan Tourism Agency with its Beni-imo raw tart and was awarded the Director General Award of the Food Industry.
Its leading product, Beni-imo tart, recorded the second highest earnings in a sales corner during the event of 27 million yen.
Company president Kazuko Takushi said, “The growing popularity of Okinawa as a tourist destination means that its sweets are becoming more popular across the country.”
About 800,000 people visited the 26th National Confectionery Great Exhibition held from April 19 to May 12.
The company won the Honorary President Award (cultural section) with its Beni-imo tart in the 2008 exhibition held in Himeji.
(English translation by T&CT, Mark Ealey)
Previous Article:Mortuary tablet of Confucius returns to Kume after 69 years
Next Article:40% of Battle of Okinawa survivors suffer from PTSD
- Sweet Bakery Porsche wins Gold medal in the Monde Selection
- Sweet Bakery Porsche gets halal certification for its Beniimo tart
- OPG’s airfreight container project for Okinawan products to five Asian cities does well
- Tougazuke sweet awarded top prize at 36th Naha Food and Product Fair
- Okinawa takes first place among the best places to travel to in Japan