Okinawa Bullfighting Federation decides upon a logo
October 25, 2011 Ryukyu Shimpo
The Okinawa Prefectural Bullfighting Federation (Chairman Masakazu Kochi) recently decided upon a logo. In a competition organized by the Federation and the Ryukyu Shimpo, a logo designed by 35 year-old company employee and resident of Nakagusuku Village Tomokazu Yasuda was selected from among the total of 53 works put forward by members of the public for consideration.
Yasuda chose to depict a scene in which two bulls have their horns firmly interlocked. Clearly delighted to receive the award, he said, “I tried to create a simple design to convey the essence of bullfighting.” Masakazu Kochi, the chairman for the federation said, “We are thrilled to be able to select such a marvelous design. We will use this from now in the Federation’s activities.”
The award ceremony will be carried out at the All Okinawa Togyu (Bullfighting) Autumn Tournament, scheduled to be held on November 13 at Ishikawa Municipal Multipurpose Dome in Uruma City.
(English Translation by T&CT, Mark Ealey)
Previous Article:Several non-native toads captured – a threat to the ecosystem
Next Article:Ryukyu Festival held in Osaka
- Okinawa Bullfighting Federation to publish book commemorating 50th anniversary
- Postage stamp commemorating 100th All Okinawa Bullfighting Tournament
- Bullfighting – 4000 spectators watch the action at the All Okinawa Spring Tournament
- All Okinawa Bullfighting Summer Tournament attracts 2,500 spectators
- 100th All Okinawa Bullfighting Tournament