Taiwan-based company to build hotel in Kokusai Street
June 29, 2016 Ryukyu Shimpo
By Wu Li Jun
On June 28, Taiwan-based company Chia Hsin Cement Corporation announced a plan to build a hotel at a lot in Kokusai Street where Kokuei Theater used to be located. The company has already purchased the lot. The hotel will have 13 floors above ground and will have 239 rooms. It will be the first time the company has built a hotel in Okinawa. Construction will start at the beginning of 2017 and the hotel will be opened before the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. It has a gross floor area of 23,100 square meters and a ground-floor area of 4,794 square meters. Four restaurants and the biggest banquet hall in the Naha area are scheduled to be built in the hotel.
A spokesperson for the company said, “The number of tourists coming to Okinawa in 2015 reached about 8 million, and it is expected to exceed 10 million in 2018. For the potential revenue from projects in Okinawa, we have purchased land in Kokusai Street that is worth NT$ 350 million.” The company stated that hotel construction projects in Naha will create new icons in the city and provide Taiwanese tourists with excellent accommodation.
(English translation by T&CT)
Previous Article:Inheriting non-violent way of life from father of the Okinawan civil rights movement
Next Article:57th anniversary memorial ceremony for US military jet crash into Miyamori Elementary School
- Major Taiwanese company buys 1,650 square meters of land along Kokusai Street
- Yuinchi Hotel Nanjo aims to be first medical tourist facility
- Hong Kong’s major investment group to tap into Okinawan markets
- Internationally acclaimed anime director Hayao Miyazaki to build facility for children in Kumejima
- Harborview and Tenbusu set up a Ryukyuan wedding plan at Kokusai street