Renowned golfer Isao Aoki becomes goodwill ambassador for Okinawa
April 20, 2015 Ryukyu Shimpo
Isao Aoki who is one of Japan’s most successful golfers, has become a goodwill ambassador for Okinawa. Chiba Prefecture resident Aoki promised to convey the charm of Okinawa to the rest of the world. Vice Governor Mitsuo Agena gave Aoki a certificate to mark his appointment as ambassador at the Okinawa Prefectural Government office on April 20.
Aoki said, “Thanks to those who have been supporting me, I could become the goodwill ambassador for Okinawa.” After receiving the certificate, he told the press that he wanted to increase the number of golfers and fans.
As well as volunteering at a junior golfers’ development event in 2012, Aoki trained students at Okinawa junior golf school in 2013. He has also been promoting Okinawan golf by taking part in competitions held in the prefecture and by training here.
(English translation by T&CT)
Previous Article:Okinawa Governor Onaga meets major Taiwanese economic organization
Next Article:Two male Okinawa rails killed by cars in Kunigami
- Thirty junior golfers come to Okinawa from Korea
- Korean junior golfers invited come to Okinawa
- Motobu High School student Higa wins Japan Women’s Amateur Golf Championship
- Tetsuko Kuroyanagi says residents’ opinions should be respected in Henoko, Article 9 should not be changed
- Yomiuri Giants pitcher Miyaguni gives Valentine’s chocolates to female fans