Fans cheer stars on the red carpet at Okinawa International Movie Festival
March 26, 2015 Ryukyu Shimpo
On March 25, the 7th Okinawa International Movie Festival, “Laugh & Peace” opened at the Tropical Beach in Ginowan.
Appearing on the red carpet, marking the festival’s opening, were Okinawan comedy duo Garage Sale, other comedians, idols, actors and actresses. Fans who had flocked to see the stars, enjoyed getting their autographs and having photos taken with them.
The festival screened 19 community-based movies, including five shot in Okinawa, along with Japanese and foreign movies which have yet to be released here. The event also saw popular comedians, idols and artists performing on stage. Two red carpet events took place for the first time at Gate Street in Okinawa City on March 28, and at Kokusai Street in Naha the following day.
Fourteen-year-old Akari Oshiro who waited for five hours for the event to start said, “I was very happy to see the comedy duo 8.6 seconds Bazooka.”
The festival ended on March 29.
(English translation by T&CT, Hitomi Shinzato)
Previous Article:US military returns 51-hectare housing area at Camp Zukeran
Next Article:Okinawa Governor Onaga compares the Japanese government to the island’s former “autocratic” US High Commissioner
- Okinawa International Movie Festival Opens – 350 movie stars and artists walk on the red carpet
- Okinawa International Movie Festival fills audience with smiles and thrills
- Okinawa International Movie Festival conveys the charm of islands
- Comedy Futenma Theater sparks discussion on redevelopment of US military base site
- Okinawa International Movie Festival to kick off on March 23