Okinawa traditional arts event attracts 11,000 people
January 26, 2014 Ryukyu Shimpo
An event introducing Okinawan traditional arts started at the Okinawa Convention Center in Ginowan on January 25. The organizer has held the event for 31 consecutive years in Okinawa. The four-day event has attracted about 11,000 people by January 26.
The splendid stage and performances entertained the spectators.
Designing the stage in the image of the Dragon Palace, the stage director created the set copying a seabed. Mixing lighting with music, the director displayed Okinawan traditional arts. More than 800 people took part in the event.
Yuko Sakuma who attended the event with her family members from Tomigusuku City, said, “This is the third time that we have attended the event. The dragon dance performed at the beginning of the event was overwhelming. We enjoyed it. We want to visit next year too.”
(English translation by T&CT)
Previous Article:Two whales swim raising a spray of water off Kunigami
Next Article:Yonabaru Town Culture Association forms Shimakutuba drama group “ObaQ”
- Ryukyu Dynasty banquet reenacted with traditional dragon boats on the Ryutan Pond
- Tetsuya Komuro collaborates with Ryukyu performing arts, saying Okinawa has good materials
- Noro prays for Naha dragon boat race at Tomigusuku Castle ruins
- National Theatre Okinawa celebrates 10th anniversary of its opening
- Okinawa art troupe performs Ryubu at Hue festival in Vietnam