OCVB takes part in 18th Busan International Film Festival
October 16, 2013 Ryukyu Shimpo
The Okinawa Convention and Visitor Bureau (OCVB) held an Okinawa event in the 18th Busan International Film Festival “Asian Film Market” in Korea on October 7. OCVB staff have promoted the movies filmed in Okinawa and that it is an excellent place for filming movies. They have enhanced the support services for movie and TV crews in Okinawa to about 130 people in the filmmaking industry and screened the works (abridged versions) that it supported on location.
There was a talk show by Joey, a leading actor in the movie “Ryukyu Battle Royale,” which was supported by the OCVB in 2012, and Akihito Yagi, who also demonstrated karate at the event.
A bureau official said, “We want to attract overseas filmmakers to Okinawa and to advertise the appeal of Okinawa through the films they make.”
(English translation by T&CT, Hitomi Shinzato and Mark Ealey)
Previous Article:Brazil Kenjin-Kai calls for Governor to attend 100th anniversary ceremony
Next Article:Fukuzato wins silver medal in World Masters Athletics Championships
- Karate master promotes the martial art in North America and Europe
- Okinawa Film Office helps with filming of 822 movies and dramas
- Yagi no bouken screened in international film festivals
- Film set in Okinawa wins two awards at Montreal World Film Festival
- Cocco’s performance praised as KOTOKO wins prize for expression