Okinawan children excited for snow from Hokkaido
February 9, 2016 Ryukyu Shimpo
Parents at the Tabaru Aiji Preschool in Tabaru, Naha City, held a snow-play party for the children on February 6. Three-hundred children and their parents attended the event to play with white snow sent from Hokkaido.
The event was held by the parents’ association led by Tomomi Nakamoto, Noriko Hamakawa, and Izumi Arakaki. The group prepared 12 boxes of snow with support from their acquaintances in Hokkaido. Yelping “cold!” the children spent a rare time playing with snow and making snowmen.
Nakamoto celebrated the success of the event as she commented, “This will be a good memory for the children. As we had exciting news of having sleet in Okinawa, we are glad that we got them to experience real snow.”
(English translation by T&CT and Sayaka Sakuma)
Previous Article:Newborn baby kangaroo in Okinawa Zoo and Museum
Next Article:Deaths from Kadena Air Base aircraft noise estimated at 4 people annually
- Kids play in snow delivered from Hokkaido
- Children scream in “Haunted House”
- With 340 years of history and bearing Christian influences, “Chiritancho” is Itoman, Okinawa’s traditional birthday celebration
- Christian Festival held at Kushi in Nago to bless newborn babies
- Yonamine digs up heart-shaped potato