OCVB holds Muslim recipe contest
February 3, 2016 Ryukyu Shimpo
On January 29, Okinawa Prefectural Government and Okinawa Convention & Visitors Bureau (OCVB) held the final selection meeting for a Muslim recipe contest, created to attract visitors from Muslim countries, at Tiruru (Okinawa Gender Equality Center), Naha.
The contest has two sections, the Vegetarian section, mainly using Okinawan vegetables, and the Non-Pork, Non-Alcohol section.
Okinawa Genki Norimaki (seaweed roll) and Colorful Salad presented by Yosemiya, a frozen meal supplier, won the top prize in the Vegetarian section, and a full-course meal highlighting fresh Okinawan vegetables, presented by Kafuu Resort Fuchaku Condo Hotel, received the top prize in the Non-pork, Non-alcohol section.
(English translation by T&CT, Hitomi Shinzato)
Previous Article:Filmmaker Junkerman to take his movie “The Afterburn” to the US
Next Article:Henoko: American peace movement participant Loan directs song to those inside base
- Ryukyuan dishes without pork appeals to Muslim tourists
- Availability of Halal food is key factor for attracting Muslim travelers: survey
- Okinawa Tourist Service issues guide booklet for Muslim travelers
- Cafe within OIST wins Food Action Nippon Award
- Performers and audience come together to enjoy kachashi dance contest