Higashi to become new president of WUB
December 9, 2014 4 Wu Li Jun of the Ryukyu Shimpo
Consultant of the Worldwide Uchinanchu Business Association, Yoshikazu Higashi, who is also president of the Okinawa Tourist Service, will take up a post as the new president of the organization on January 1 next year. The current president Tameyasu Nagamine will become the next consultant of the WUB.
The Worldwide Uchinanchu Business Association (WUB) is a non-profit organization established for strengthening partnership among Okinawan business people throughout the world.
Higashi, who will be the sixth president of the organization, worked as the president of the Okinawa branch of the WUB from September 2006 to June 2013. The chief of the secretariat of the WUB Mariko Kuniyoshi said, “Higashi is energetic and influential, and will be a big force for the Worldwide Uchinanchu Festival, which will be held in 2016.”
The WUB was established as “WUB International” in 1997. The organization changed its name to the current one in 2008. Its headquarters is located in Hawaii. The organization has 22 branches in 16 countries and regions around the world with 500 members.
(English translation by T&CT)
Previous Article:Marine major admits his involvement in a hit-and-run accident in Okinawa
Next Article:75-year-old Okinawan woman attains a Karate black belt
- Uchinanchu Festival Closing Ceremony saw 15,395 enthusiastically carry on Okinawa’s spirit
- Worldwide Youth Uchinanchu Festival to be held in the Philippines in September
- Worldwide Youth Uchinanchu Festival to be held in Brazil in July
- Closing ceremony of 5th Worldwide Uchinanchu Festival – 31000 participants vow to continue exchange and to come together again
- World Youth Uchinanchu Festival to hold an international conference in Germany