Agricultural damage from typhoon Vongfong reaches 865 million yen
October 15, 2014 Ryukyu Shimpo
On October 14, the Okinawa Prefectural Government announced that the damages to the agricultural and fishery industries from typhoon No.19 Vongfong reached 864,840,000 yen. Twenty-six people were injured, including three serious cases.
There were ten residential damages such as flood above and below floor level, and three nonresidential damages, including warehouse collapses. Landslides occurred in 12 locations, leading to 11 roads being blocked, mostly in the northern area of Okinawa’s main island.
(English translation by T&CT)
Previous Article:Panel falls from Kadena F-15 fighter during training
Next Article:Nago City Assembly asks the U.S. and Japanese governments to stop the construction of a new base in Henoko
- Typhoon Neoguri leaves 40 people injured and 2.2 billion yen in agricultural damage
- Number of accidents involving Okinawa rail and Ryukyu long-haired rats reaches a record-high
- Growing number of Okinawa rails killed by automobiles
- Disaster Relief Act applied to Yonaguni, where damages of more than 100 million yen caused by Typhoon Dujuan
- Growing number of Ryukyu long-haired rats killed on roads