Okinawa hosts wedding industry delegation from China
September 11, 2013 Ryukyu Shimpo
On September 10, on the invitation of the Okinawa Resort Wedding Association, a delegation from China attended a wedding demonstration held at a resort hotel in Onna. The number of couples in China who hold their wedding ceremony in resort hotels abroad is increasing and the association aims to attract such couples to Okinawa. The delegation chose the best location as that by a church overlooking the blue sea and a sandy beach.
Eighteen representatives from companies and groups involved in the Chinese wedding industry came from nine cities including Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Chongqing and other locations further inland, as well as from Inner Mongolia. They took pictures of the ceremony hall from the inside and outside and of the models of the bride and groom.
The head of the Chinese government’s Wedding Industry Committee, which oversees the companies, said, “Locations facing the sea like this are just fantastic. I was really impressed and I would like to let Chinese people back home know about how wonderful it is.”
(English translation by T&CT, Mark Ealey)
Previous Article:Naha Daiko performs eisa dance in Vietnam
Next Article:Okinawan drum group wins top award in Busan Travel Fair
- OCVB promotes Okinawa resort weddings in Hong Kong
- Harborview and Tenbusu set up a Ryukyuan wedding plan at Kokusai street
- Ryukyu dynasty-style added to list of Okinawa resort weddings
- Chinese investors interested in the tourism industry visit Okinawa
- Resort wedding survey: 65.8 % of people married in Okinawa say they chose the island because they “enjoy the resort feeling”