University of the Ryukyus signs exchange agreement with Korean university
February 1, 2013 Ryukyu Shimpo
On January 24, the Mokpo National University of Korea and the University of the Ryukyus concluded academic exchange and cooperation agreements at the University of the Ryukyus campus in Nishihara. These agreements encourage both universities to exchange researchers and students, as well as to carry out joint research projects.
The two universities have interacted in the past. On August 31, 2011, an exchange program started between the Mokpo National University Institute for Marine and Island Cultures and the International Institute for Okinawan Studies at the University of the Ryukyus. They will seek to promote cooperation for further academic research.
After the signing of the agreements, Teruo Iwamasa, the president of the University of the Ryukyus, commented, “We are looking forward to seeing more exchange between Okinawa and Korea.” Seok-Kyu Ko, the president of Mokpo National University, said, “We want to make this opportunity worthwhile for both parties through active exchange between students and researchers.”
(English translation by T&CT, Kyoko Tadaoka and Mark Ealey)
Previous Article:Kids play in snow delivered from Hokkaido
Next Article:Kitanakagusuku pupils receive e-learning delivered by Washington State University
- University presidents in Okinawa denounce military aircraft flying over campus grounds
- Astronomer of Miyako-jima descent to research in France
- Japanese, Taiwanese and South Korean researchers to create shared teaching materials
- Peace Studies Association of Okinawa established to promote the restructuring of peace education
- Ceremony marking the establishment of the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University